Editor's note: News releases written by Corry City Police, Pennsylvania State Police, Union City Police, Bureau of Liquor Control Enforcement and Chautauqua County Sheriff's Office are submitted to The Corry Journal, which then publishes the exact information supplied by police. Whether names or other facts of the incident are published depends strictly on what information has been given by the police. The news releases are kept on file at The Journal.
Corry City Police
• Corry City Police responded to a one-vehicle accident at 1132 W. Main St. at 8:40 a.m. Oct. 8. Police said the driver, John Madison III, 26, of Union City, was traveling east on West Main Street and left the roadway for an unknown reason and struck a mailbox. The impact caused severe damage to the vehicle and debris from the mailbox was thrown into another parked car, causing minor damage. Madison's vehicle was towed from the scene and there were no injuries reported. The cause of the accident is still under investigation.
• A boys 20-inch Kent BMX-style bicycle was found in the 500 block of East Main Street at 1 p.m. June 26. The owner may claim it at the police station by providing a complete description.
• Corry City Police were called to the 1000 block of White Street at 9:14 p.m. Oct. 9 for a report of a propane tank in the middle of the road. Police said the tank fell off a vehicle, which was unaware and drove away. The owner of the propane tank can contact police at 814-664-2222 with a description of the tank to claim it.
Pennsylvania State Police
• BLOOMFIELD — A Union City man called state police at Corry at about 3:46 p.m. Oct. 8 to relate that Justin Shepard, 33, of Union City, was asked several times to not go on their property on Oakmont Drive, but he continued to do so. When troopers arrived, they observed Shepard being aggressive toward the victim's family and he was under the influence of alcohol. While speaking with Shepard, police determined that he had a domestic relations warrant out of Crawford County which he was detained for. He was taken into custody for the warrant and cited with trespassing on private property as well as public drunkenness.
• LEBOUEF — State police at Erie said a motor vehicle crash occurred as Kyle C. Blakeslee, 50, of Union City, was driving east on Route 6 near Willy Road in LeBoeuf Township when his 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee struck a deer in the roadway at 6:22 p.m. Oct. 8. Police said the vehicle continued across both lanes of travel and came to rest on the south side of the road. Blakeslee's vehicle sustained heavy damage to the front passenger side bumper and wheel well so it had to be towed from the scene. The driver was uninjured.
• WAYNE — State police at Corry said a motor vehicle crash occurred as Katie A. Desanto, 33, of Waterford, was driving east on Route 6, about a half mile west of Route 89, at 6:58 a.m. Oct. 10. As Desanto was driving, another vehicle improperly passed her and sideswiped her 2013 Honda Odyssey. Police said the passing vehicle made initial impact with Desanto's driver's side door, fender and bumper cover. The passing vehicle failed to stop at the scene and continued to travel east on Route 6. Desanto pulled over to the shoulder of the roadway. She was uninjured and was wearing her seatbelt. Her vehicle sustained minor damage and was able to be driven from the scene.