District Enforcement Office No. 8, in Erie, is part of the Pennsylvania State Police Bureau of Liquor Control Enforcement. Officers assigned to the office are charged with enforcing liquor laws and related provisions at more than 1,118 establishments licensed by the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board in the counties of Erie, Crawford, Lawrence, McKean, Mercer, Venango and Warren.
Officers assigned to District Enforcement Office No. 8 performed the following activities during the month of December:
• Number of complaints received: 36.
• Number of times licensed establishments were visited: 143.
• Number of licensed establishments where age compliance checks were conducted: 12.
• Number of establishments that sold alcohol to an underage buyer: 3.
• Number of Violation Letters issued for violations of liquor laws: 17.
• Number of Warning Letters issued for violations of liquor laws: 28.
The District Enforcement Office also executed a search warrant at a licensed establishment and conducted an open inspection for gambling in Meadville and Crawford County in December. Officers said four video slot poker machines and $2,873 in United States currency were seized.