The PA Route 6 Alliance is looking for nominees for its "Do 6" awards to be presented at its annual meeting in May.
The PA Route 6 Alliance is the managing entity for the Route 6 Corridor.
"It works on efforts for community and economic development, preservation and conservation, education and interpretation, open space, recreation, tourism and promotion," said Executive Director Terri Dennison.
This year will mark the sixth year for the awards, and Dennison says she is hoping to see some awards from the Corry area this year.
"Basically anyone within the Route 6 Corridor can participate and can nominate either businesses, individuals or organizations who meet the criteria for the different awards," Dennison said.
There are 6 awards up for grabs and it is free to enter.
• The Heritage Partnership Award honors any person, group or organization that demonstrates inter-community cooperation.
• The Heritage Tourism Award is given to the organizers of a project that furthers the economy and tourism development while respecting the cultural and historic aspects of the area.
•The Heritage Leadership Award is given to a person, business or organization that has done something meaningful in the efforts to enrich the landscape or historic preservation.
• The Heritage Community of the Year Award is given to a Heritage Community that is accomplishing steps in its Heritage Tourism work plan.
• The Artisan of the Year Award is given to either an artist or group that is part of the Route 6 Artisan Trail program and who's thinking regionally and promoting the arts.
• The Lifetime Achievement Award is given at Dennison's discretion to a person or agency that shows leadership and helps to advance the mission of the Route 6 Alliance.
"We're looking for people, businesses and organizations that bring tourism and visitors to the area while respecting the cultural and historic aspects of the area," Dennison said.
Dennison said winners will receive an award and will be examples for best practices.
Nominations are due by March 11.
Forms can be found at www.paroute6.com/annual_awards_program.
Dennison said winners will be notified by phone prior to the May meeting and will be invited to the meeting and awards ceremony .
Questions can be directed to the PA Route 6 Alliance at 814-435-7706.