Editor's note: News releases written by Corry City Police, Pennsylvania State Police, Union City Police, Bureau of Liquor Control Enforcement and Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Office are submitted to The Corry Journal, which then publishes the exact information supplied by police. Whether names or other facts of the incident are published depends strictly on what information has been given by the police. The news releases are kept on file at The Journal.
Corry City Police
• Police responded to the intersection of Franklin and Mott streets for a report of a fight on June 23 at 7:19 p.m. On arrival, officers spoke with Stephen Conner, 19, of Corry, who admitted to mutually engaging in a physical altercation with Jeffery Smith, 30, of Corry. Smith was gone when police arrived. Physical altercation occurred in the intersection of Mott and West Park Place. Both men were charged with disorderly conduct via summons.
• Police arrested Andrea L. Hansen, 45, of Corry, at 6:04 a.m. on June 27, after responding to an EMS call in which a Corry man was alleged to have been injured in an accident. Hansen was arrested for domestic violence and arraigned by District Judge Brian McGowan. She was released on $5,000 unsecured bond and will answer to a domestic dispute charge at District Judge Denise Buell's office at a later date.
• Brian Nichols, 48, Bradley Nichols, 24, both of Corry, and Melissa Nichols, 23, of Warren, were arrested on June 27 at 1:56 a.m. after police responded to a complaint of a fight. They were arrested for disorderly conduct and public drunkenness. Melissa was released to a sober adult and the other two were kept in a holding cell overnight to sober up. All will answer to citations and charges at District Judge Denise Buell's office at a later date.
• Police arrested Victoria Letrent, 28, of Corry, on June 28 at 2:37 a.m., after allegedly finding her passed out, lying in the road in the 200 block of East Washington Street. She became combative with police and was found in possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. She was placed in a holding cell to sober up. Letrent will answer to charges of public drunkenness, disorderly conduct, possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia at District Judge Denise Buell's office at a later date.
• An employee from The Corry Journal called police on June 24 at 2:30 p.m. and reported a found bicycle that had been left outside. It was reported that the bicycle was discovered on June 22 and after confirming it didn't belong to an employee, was brought to the police station on June 24. The bicycle is a blue/silver Next mountain bike. Anyone with information regarding this bicycle is asked to contact the city of Corry Police at 814-664-2222, ext. 2.
Pennsylvania State Police
WAYNE — State police were dispatched on June 7 at 7:55 p.m. to the intersection of routes 6 and 89 of a report of a single motorcycle crash. Upon arrival to the scene, it was discovered that a 39-year-old man, of North East, who was driving a 2004 Harley Davidson, was under the influence of alcohol. The driver was taken to Corry Memorial Hospital, an affiliate of LECOM Health. Police did not release the name of the accused.
ROCKDALE — Police said a crash occurred on June 18 at 6:20 p.m. as a 1990 J.I. Case 5130A, driven by Daniel Gourley, 46, of Union City, was traveling on Hogback Road. The tractor was hauling a rotary cut McHale baler behind it. While traveling east on Hogback Road, the baler caught fire. Gourley was able to disconnect the tractor from the baler prior to any damage occurring to the tractor. Mill Village Volunteer Fire Department arrived on scene and extinguished the fire on the baler. No injuries were reported in this incident.