Editor's note: News releases written by Corry City Police, Pennsylvania State Police, Union City Police, Bureau of Liquor Control Enforcement and Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Office are submitted to The Corry Journal, which then publishes the exact information supplied by police. Whether names or other facts of the incident are published depends strictly on what information has been given by the police. The news releases are kept on file at The Journal.
Corry City Police
• Police said an electric power tool was turned in to the Corry Police Department at 7:50 p.m. July 28. It was located near East South and Concord streets. The owner can claim it by contacting police at 814-664-2222.
• City police said a report of theft from the Salvation Army, 127 W. Washington St., was received and after obtaining security footage, two suspects were observed stealing items from the drop box attached to the building at 12:10 a.m. July 21. Milton Swanson, 45, and Elizabeth Miller, 29, both of Corry, were charged with one count of theft and one count of receiving stolen property. Charges will be faced at a later date at District Judge Denise Buell's office.
• Officers were dispatched to a domestic at 128 Snyder Circle, 10:52 p.m. July 23. The complainant stated that Robert Bromley, 50, and Dawn Lindstrom, 40, both of Corry, had been yelling at each other for a substantial amount of time, with Lindstrom honking the car horn repeatedly. Both are charged with disorderly conduct by summons and will answer to the charges at a later date in front of District Judge Denise Buell.
Pennsylvania State Police
• SUMMIT — A three-vehicle crash occurred at the intersection of I-90 eastbound and the exit 24 on-ramp at 7:22 p.m. July 15. State police at Erie said a 2019 Cadillac XTS driven by Lisa Martin, 51, of Honesdale, Pa., was traveling east on I-90 in the right lane and was approaching the exit 24 on-ramp when for unknown reasons made a lane change from the right lane of I-90 to the left lane of the on-ramp. Martin's vehicle traveled through a marked line zone showing that no vehicles should travel through it. After making the lane change, Martin slowed down to almost a stop in the left on-ramp lane. A 2020 Chevrolet Trax driven by Pat Goodsel, 53, of Corry, and a 2012 Chevrolet Silverado operated by Joseph Kertulis, 46, of Erie, were traveling east up the on-ramp attempting to merge onto I-90. Police said Goodsel's vehicle was in front of Kertulis' vehicle in the left ramp lane and Martin had merged in front of the two vehicles. Goodsel could not stop and the front end of her vehicle struck the rear of Martin's vehicle and Kertulis' vehicle continued straight into the back of Goodsel's vehicle. The impact pushed Goodsel's vehicle off to the right and Kertulis' vehicle continued straight and struck Martin's vehicle. Kertulis' vehicle and Martin's vehicle came to rest side by side facing east at the top of the ramp while Goodsel was able to pull off to the side of the ramp. Martin's vehicle sustained major rear-end and driver-side damage. Goodsel's vehicle sustained major rear and front damage and Kertulis' vehicle sustained major front end damage. No injuries were reported by the drivers or their passengers. Martin was cited with a driving on roadways laned for traffic violation.
• AMITY — A crash occurred at 12:15 a.m. July 27 on Beaverdam Road just south of Hayes Road. The female driver, 17, of Corry, was traveling south when the 2018 Jeep Renegade left the roadway and struck the guide rail on the eastern berm. There were no injuries reported. A seatbelt was used. The driver was charged with a violation of driving on roadways laned for traffic. State police did not release the name of the accused.
• AMITY — State police responded to the area of Hopson Road/French Creek, near 1954 Logan Road, for a missing swimmer at 9:09 p.m. July 28. Upon a canvas of the area, a Wattsburg man, 37, was located upstream, unclothed and manifestly intoxicated. He was transported to Saint Vincent for a possible head injury. The man and an Erie woman, 23, were charged with public drunkenness, filed through District Judge Denise Buell's office. Wattsburg Volunteer Fire Department also responded. Police did not release names of the accused.
Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Office
• CLYMER, N.Y. — The sheriff's office received a vehicle complaint on Clymer Central Road around 11:08 p.m. July 22. Deputies made contact with the driver who was identified as Jamie L. Donnell, 41, of Clymer, New York. An investigation revealed that Donnell was operating the vehicle while intoxicated. She was arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated, DWI per se and no stopping/standing/parking on a highway. Donnell was released with traffic tickets and will answer to the charges in the Town of Clymer Court.
• FRENCH CREEK, N.Y. — Deputies responded to Canterbury Drive in French Creek, New York, for an altercation between two females at 10:40 p.m. July 26. Upon arrival, police found that Lashana L. Henderson, 28, of Huntsville, Alabama, damaged a vehicle that belonged to another person. Henderson was arrested and charged with criminal mischief in the third degree. She was issued an appearance ticket to appear in the Town of French Creek Court.