Editor's note: News releases written by Corry City Police, Pennsylvania State Police, Union City Police, Bureau of Liquor Control Enforcement and Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Office are submitted to The Corry Journal, which then publishes the exact information supplied by police. Whether names or other facts of the incident are published depends strictly on what information has been given by the police. The news releases are kept on file at The Journal.
Corry City Police
• Corry City Police were dispatched on May 15 at 3 a.m. to 229.5 Spring St. for a disturbance. City police said after arriving to the location, Gary Bedow Jr., 51, of Corry, was gone and, before he left he used a brick and broke out the passenger window of a woman's vehicle. Bedow will be charged with criminal mischief and defiant trespass. He will appear before District Judge Denise Buell at a later date and time.
• A report of theft from 10 Wayne St. was taken on May 18 by Corry City Police from Foley Cozad Construction. Miscellaneous tools and equipment were taken from a trailer. The theft occurred sometime between the middle of February to March. Police are waiting for an itemized list and value amount at this time. Anyone with information is asked to call Corry City Police at 814-664-2222.
• A woman called Corry City Police on May 19 to report a bicycle cart and solar lights stolen from an East Washington Street residence. Anyone with information is asked to call city police at 814-664-2222.
• While on patrol on May 18, Corry City Police made contact with Jerry Williams, 53, of Corry, at 11:26 p.m. at County Fair, 406 N. Center St. Police said Williams was in possession of a Milwaukee's Best Ice beer. Williams was cited via summons for the city ordinance prohibiting open alcohol containers in public.
• Corry City Police officers made contact on May 19 at 10:19 p.m. with Steven Lindstrom, 26, homeless, at East Smith and Wayne streets. Police arrested him on an arrest warrant for theft from storage units in the 200 block of East Main Street. Lindstrom was arraigned from District Judge Denise Buell and sent to Erie County Prison on $5,000 bond.