Gerald Lloyd, M.D., the son of Mr. and Mrs. Harold J. Lloyd, was born and raised in Corry. After graduating from Corry High School, he pursued his medical degree.
Here’s a rundown on Lloyd’s educational and service history:
• graduated from Houghton College with a bachelor of science degree in chemistry in 1959.
• earned a doctor of medicine degree from Temple University School of Medicine in 1963.
• did his internship at Akron General Hospital from July 1963 to 1964.
• received a Diplomate of the National Board of Medical Examiners in July 1964.
• attended the U.S. Coast Guard Academy in New London, Conn., from 1964 to 1966, where he worked for the U.S. Public Health Service.
• received certification with a Pennsylvania medical license in March 1966
• operated a private family practice partnership in Corry with Dr. J. Guy Butters from 1966 to 1972.
• practiced at the Medical Group of Corry Inc. from 1972 until his retirement on July 30.
• has served as the Corry Area School District’s physician from 1983 until present.
He held hospital privileges in family practice at Corry Memorial Hospital from 1966 to Dec. 1, 2006, when he was appointed to honorary staff from active medical staff at the hospital.
From 1966 to present, LLoyd has been a member of the American Medical Association, the Pennsylvania Medical Society, and the Erie County Medical Society.
From 1969 to present, he has been a member of the American Academy of Family Practice.
Lloyd has served on the board of directors for Corry Regional Health Services from 1975 to present. He also is chairman of the board of directors for LifeCare Pregnancy and Family Resource Center, where he has served since 1991.
He also serves on the Corry Civil Service board, and was reappointed two years ago to a five-year term.
He also served as chief of the medical staff and has been a trustee at Corry Memorial Hospital for more than 25 years.