With Councilwoman Candy Sliker’s resignation, Corry City Council has put out a call for Corry residents to fill the now-vacant position.

Whoever fills the seat will serve as director of parks and public property.

Residents may submit letters of intent to council at the city building, 100 S. Center St., Corry, PA 16407. Letters must be submitted prior to Aug. 27 to be considered for the job.

To be eligible for the position, residents must be at least 21 years of age, and they must also have been a Corry resident for at least one year.

Whoever is appointed to the job will serve the remaining two years of Sliker’s four-year term. If they want to continue to serve on council, he or she will have to run for re-election in the 2011 municipal election.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.