Bake sale at egg hunt
• A bake sale will be held during an Easter egg hunt that will take place on Saturday, April 4, at the Bear Lake Fire Hall. Anyone who would like to donate to the bake sale is asked to have his or her items to the fire hall by noon on April 4.
• An all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet will be held on Sunday from 8 to 11 a.m. at the VFW in Corry. All are invited to attend and proceeds will go toward supporting Knights of Columbus projects.
Soup for the Soul
• A Soup for the Soul event will be held today from 5 to 6:30 p.m. at the First Presbyterian Church of Corry. All are welcome to attend and the event is free.
Historical society meeting
• The Corry Area Historical Society meets on Saturday at 10 a.m. at the museum. A presentation called “The History of Columbus” will be given by Tom Savko.
• A senior citizens luncheon will be held Thursday, March 26, at 1:20 p.m. in the Corry Area Middle-High School cafeteria. Doors open at 1 p.m. There will be no musical entertainment. To make a reservation, call Vickey at 665-8297.
Vehicle inspection class
• Becoming a Pennsylvania-certified vehicle inspection mechanic is the aim of a “Pennsylvania State Inspection & Tools Course” being offered by the Corry Higher Education Council. The Inspection Regulations and Procedures course covers the measurement tools and gauges used in the inspection process. The Tools Course prepares students for the hands-on portion of the licensing process. The class is held in the Corry Area High School Career & Technical Center on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, April 13, 14 and 15, from 4:30 to 8:30 p.m., and Monday and Tuesday, April 20 and 21, from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. The cost is $245 to obtain one category of inspection certification (either cars/light trucks or motorcycles), or $285 for both categories. A motorcycle driver’s license is required for the motorcycle test. Prerequisites for the class included a minimum age of 18, driver’s license and a mechanical background. Partial scholarships for up to half the cost of the class are available to those with a financial need. Registration and payment are required by noon Wednesday, April 8. For more information or to register, contact the Hi-Ed at 664-9405.
College aid workshop
• Anyone considering attending college in the 2015-16 school year who wants to apply for financial aid is invited to participate in a free “FAFSA Night” at the Corry Higher Education Council on Wednesday evening, April 8. Participants will complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, known as the “FAFSA,” on-line in the Hi-Ed’s computer lab, with assistance. To register or for additional information, contact the Hi-Ed at 664-9405 by noon Monday, April 6.
• The April Community Calendar will be published in the March 28 edition of The Corry Journal. Deadline for submissions is Thursday, March 26. Items may be mailed to The Corry Journal, 28 W. South St., Corry, PA 16407, or faxed to 664-2288 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.