Corry school board meeting
• Corry Area School Board will meet for a regular meeting on Monday, April 12, at 7 p.m. in the middle-high school cafeteria. Masks and social distancing are required. Board meetings are open to the public.
Small Business Jump Start
• Are you a new/experienced business owner looking to take your business to the next level? Small Business Jump Start is a one-of-a-kind training program designed for those looking to start or expand a current business. Since 2004, the Small Business Jump Start program has supported nearly 700 small businesses in the region through knowledge access to best practices, networking, peer mentoring support and overall business growth opportunities. The nine-week, 27-hour program will train participants in business plan growth strategy, record keeping, financial statements, marketing, business loans, time/goal management, sales skills and much more. This course will be offered at the Corry Higher Education Council on Wednesdays starting April 7 through June 2 from 6 to 8 p.m. The cost is $150. Masks and social distancing will be required. Seating is limited due to COVID-19 restrictions. Register online at corryhied.org/sbjs or call 814-664-9405.
Corry Area Photography Club
• The Corry Area Photography Club will meet today at 6:30 p.m. at Kneadful Things Bakery, 425 N. Center St. The club will have a demonstration on “flat lay” photography and a video. A flat lay is simply an image shot directly from above — a bird's eye view of an array of carefully arranged objects. All are welcome. Refreshments will be available. The fee is $10 per year for anyone who would like to join the club meetings. All ages and types of photographers are welcome. For more information call or text Jill Burr at 814-462-4169.
Parks and Rec meeting
• The Union City Borough's Parks and Recreation Commission will hold a meeting on Monday, April 12, at 6:30 p.m. at St. Teresa social hall, 9 Third Ave., Union City.
Indoor yard sale
• There will be an indoor yard sale and gift auction at the Union City Volunteer Fire Co. social hall on Saturday, April 10, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., sponsored by the fire department auxiliary. Masks will be required. Admission is free.
Bingo at social hall
• Bingo will be held on April 11 at the Union City Volunteer Fire Co. social hall. Come at noon and buy lunch. Bingo starts at 1 p.m. Masks are required.