Thursday in the Park
• Kevin Downey and Friends will perform today at 7 p.m. in the Corry City Park gazebo as part of the Thursday in the Park summer concert series. Audience members are encouraged to bring a chair or blanket. This event is presented annually by the Corry Area Arts Council. In the event of inclement weather, an alternate location will be announced via the council's Facebook page or on its website, CorryAreaArtsCouncil.com.
Worship service for animal welfare
• Corry residents and their well-behaved dog or other domesticated pet (such as a cat in a carrier) are invited to attend a pet-friendly worship service on Sunday, July 14, at 4 p.m. at the Emmanuel Episcopal Church, 327 N. Center St., Corry (across from City Park). This is a short service of devotion to God with considerationof all his creatures and creation, to remind residents that He made humans their caretakers. Participants will pray, give thanks, sing and maybe share a laugh or two together with the furry guests. People without pets or who must leave theirs at home are also welcome to attend. Dogs must be leashed and all other pets must be in secure carriers. For more information, call 665-7535.
• The American Red Cross will hold a blood drive on Thursday, July 11, from 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the multi-purpose room of the First United Methodist Church, 650 Worth St., Corry. To make an appointment, visit www.redcrossblood.org and enter sponsor code: Corry Chapter. Use RapidPass to save time at the drive. Walk-ins are also welcome. Lunch will be served. Those who donated will be entered to win a trip for four to Cedar Point or Knott’s Berry Farm. Trip includes travel, hotel and park admission.
Mercyhurst Corry Info Sessions
• Prepare to earn your associate degree in business adminstration or liberal arts beginning in fall 2019. Located at the Corry Higher Education Council, Mercyhurst Corry empowers people in the Corry region to obtain their college degrees and continue on to bachelor’s programs and great careers. Whether you’re a first-time college student hoping to get started, an adult looking for a career change or a high school student eager to take advanced classes, Mercyhurst Corry has a place for you. Enroll full- or part-time with evening class schedules. Learn more at upcoming Open Houses on Wednesday, July 17, or Wednesday, Aug. 7, from 4 to 6 p.m. For more information, visit mercyhurst.edu/corry or contact Steve Gregg at firstname.lastname@example.org or 814-824-3696.
Northern Pennsylvania Regional College Info Session
• Northern Pennsylvania Regional College will be holding an Information Session at the Corry Higher Education Council on Tuesday, July 30, at 5:30 p.m. Pre-registration is not required. Join Student Success Specialist Amy Rowe to learn about the post-secondary or dual enrollment opportunities NPRC can provide you right in your community. The session will cover information including cost of classes, degrees offered, application requirements and how to apply. Call 814-230-9010 or visit regionalcollegepa.org for additional information.