• Bingo will be held on Sunday at the Union City Fire Hall on 2nd Avenue in Union City. Doors open at noon. A goulash lunch will be available. Bingo will start at 1 p.m. Teens ages 14 and older are welcome when accompanied by a paying adult.
A Citizen’s Action Guide to Blight
• “A Citizen’s Action Guide to Blight” is part of the JES Satellite Series with the Corry Higher Education Council. This presentation will be offered as a Lunch & Learn on Tuesday, Feb. 4, from noon to 1:30 p.m. The cost is $5 and includes lunch. Call JES to register at 814-459-8000. In 2016, the Jefferson Civic Leadership Academy commissioned a report applying lessons learned from the program to a group-action project to address blight in Erie County. During the seven-month-long Civic Leadership Academy, the group created a citizen’s action guide to combating blight, from Erie’s downtown to its urban core to its rural borders, and also participated in a neighborhood cleanup. This presentation will explore the report data as well as new initiatives, such as a tool-lending library. Scheduled to present are Breanna Adams, B.S.; Jay Breneman, M.S.; and Ashley Lawson, M.P.A.
• All are welcome to participate in a Celtic-style worship, a service that encourages contemplation, quiet prayer and wonderment at God's creation and grace. Healing prayer is available following worship on request. The worship will be held on Sunday at 4 p.m. at the Emmanuel Episcopal Church, 327 N. Center St., across from Corry City Park. For more information, call 814-665-7535.
Free Throw Championship
• The Knights of Columbus will sponsor its Free Throw Championship on Sunday, Jan. 26, at Our Lady of the Lake Social Center, located at 128 Sunset Dr. in Edinboro. Doors open at noon for registration and warmups. The competition begins at 1 p.m. All boys and girls ages 9 to 14 are encouraged to participate. Proof of age (birth certificate) and a parental signature are required to compete. Basketballs will be awarded to winners in each age bracket. Winners can advance to competitions at the regional and state levels. Entry forms are available at the free throw display in the lobby of the social center. Participants will be permitted to sign up the day of the event. For additional information, contact 814-734-4865.
Free activity craft night
• The Alexander Findley Community Library, also known as the Findley Lake Library, will host a free activity craft night on Saturday from 6 to 11 p.m. Everyone is invited to join people from the area as they work on their own projects at the community-based, not-for-profit library located at 2883 North Road, Findley Lake, New York. Attendees are encouraged to bring their own supplies and projects such as needle or yarn work, sewing projects, journaling or paper craft. Household mending projects are also welcome.
Amateur (HAM) Radio – Level 2 License Prep
• Are you a HAM Radio operator interested in upgrading from Level 1 Technician to Level 2 General Class Ham Radio License? This course will help students prepare for the FCC General Level 2 license examination. The fee for the course will include an ARRL General Class License Manual, and a VE Session scheduled for the last day of class. Please note: the Technician Level 1 License is an ironclad prerequisite for the General Level 2 exam. This course will be offered Mondays, Jan. 27 – March 23, from 6 to 8 p.m. The cost is $50 for adults and $40 for participants under age 17. Registration and payment is required by Thursday, Jan. 23. Call the Hi-Ed at 664-9405.
3D Modeling/3D Printing Using Autodesk Inventor
• Join instructor Travis Carey as he teaches fundamental 3D modeling skills including sketching, extruded features, part assemblies and draft file generation. Carey has taught technology education at Corry Area High School for 23 years. Students will use fundamental modeling skills in Autodesk Inventor to create a 3D modeled part to print by conclusion of the course. Basic math and computer skills are required. Autodesk Inventor 2019 textbooks will be supplied for students to use during the course. This course will be held at the Corry Area High School Career and Technical Education Center on Tuesdays from Feb. 4 to April 7 from 6 to 8 p.m. The cost is $249. Registration and payment is required by Thursday, Jan. 30. Call the Hi-Ed at 664-9405.
Ed2go online courses
• Are you preparing for a new career or seeking a recognized certification? Looking to gain new personal and professional skills? Ed2go online courses through the Corry Higher Education Council may be for you. Learn when it is convenient for you by enrolling in expert-developed courses offering a flexible way to learn. Advance your career training or enhance your “quick skills” fundamentals at home or in the workplace. Choose from instructor-led or self-paced courses. Open enrollment is now available for hundreds of programs and courses designed to provide the skills necessary to acquire professional level positions for many in-demand occupations. Inquire by calling the Hi-Ed at 664-9405 or by visiting www.corryhied.org/ed2go for more information.