• Corry Area Food Pantry will hold its September distribution on Friday, Sept. 20, from 9 to 11 a.m. Participants are being asked to not line up before 8:30 a.m. and to have space in vehicles available for boxes.
Women’s Support Group to meet
• Women’s Support Group meets on Wednesday Sept. 11 from 7 to 8 p.m. in the public meeting room of Corry Memorial Hospital, an affiliate of LECOM Health. The group will be making wind chimes. Participants are being asked to bring their own supplies. All are welcome to attend.
Hunter-trapper education course
• A hunter-trapper education course is being offered on Thursday, Sept. 19, from 6 to 9 p.m. and on Saturday, Sept. 21, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Spring Creek Sportsman Club, 611 Turner Hill Road, Corry. Participants must be at least 11 years old to register. The course is free and residents may register online at www.register-ed.com.
One Stroke Painting
• One Stroke Painting classes are returning to Corry Hi-Ed this fall. Certified One-Stroke instructor Debbie Bird is offering five sessions of seasonal-themed painting projects. Each project will be completed during the session and able to be taken home the same day. Sessions will be held on alternating Thursdays from Sept. 12 to Nov. 14, from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. The cost of all five sessions is $150. All supplies are included. Registration and payment is required by noon Tuesday, Sept. 10. Call the Hi-Ed at 664-9405. Visit facebook.com/corryhied for project examples and additional details.
Diabetic Education – Drill Down
• The Corry Area Free Clinic will provide a free workshop series with information on living with diabetes, following the “5 M-Model” (Meals, Monitoring, Motion, Medication, and Management) to drill down in the specific areas of diabetes management. Meal planning, label reading, Glycemic Index, diabetic emergencies will also be covered. Presenter Terry DeLellis will provide handouts at each class available for take home use. Partners and Caregivers are welcome. You do not have to have Diabetes to participate in this class. This four-part series will take place on Tuesdays on Sept. 24 to Oct. 15 from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at the Corry Higher Education Council.Registration is required by Thursday, Sept. 19. Call the Hi-Ed at 664-9405.
Joy of Painting – Bob Ross Style
• Learn to paint mountains, lakes, rivers, waterfalls, different types of clouds as well as other physical landscapes in this newest offering at the Corry Higher Education Council. Instructor Pete Ferry attended Bob Ross schools in Florida, Ohio and Virginia and is certified in landscapes, seascapes and wildlife painting. In this class, you will complete a 16” x 20” oil landscape painting in just three hours. No materials required. All you will bring to the class is the desire to learn. This class will be offered in two separate sessions on Tuesday, Sept. 24, and Thursday, Oct. 10, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The cost of each course is $50. Registration is required by Thursday, Sept. 19 and Tuesday, Oct. 8, respectively. Call the Hi-Ed at 664-9405.
JES Satellite Series: Griswold Field to Erie International
• Sabina S. Freeman will give a presentation titled, “Griswold Field to Erie International Airport,” as part of the latest installment of the Jefferson Educational Society Satellite Series at the Corry Higher Education Council. The lecture will relate to the struggle of the Erie aviation community to bring the Erie area into the 20th century and flight. It became a convoluted saga of nearly epic proportions and such notables as Charles "Lucky" Lindberg and World War I (& II) flying ace Jimmy Doolittle were involved. Freeman holds a BA in Journalism from The Ohio State University. She has researched and written several books on aspects of local and area history and has lectured on these subjects at the Jefferson Educational Society. This free presentation will be held at the Corry Higher Education Council on Thursday, Sept. 19 from 7-8:30 p.m. Registration is required by noon on Tuesday, Sept. 17. Call the Hi-Ed at 664-9405.