• A benefit dinner for the late Marvin Mead Sr. and the late Linda (Mead) Stanley will be held on Sunday, from 1 to 5 p.m. at the Corry VFW, 1151 Mead Ave. Cost is $5 for adults, $3 for children ages 3 to 10, and free for children under 3. There will also be a bake sale, gift auction, door prizes and a 50/50 raffle. All proceeds will go toward medical and funeral expenses.
• An all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet will be served from 8 to 11 a.m. on Sunday at the VFW in Corry. Proceeds will benefit the Nightmares on Main Street roller derby team.
• Corry Area Youth Soccer sign-ups will be held Thursday and Friday from 5 to 7 p.m., and Saturday from 9 a.m. to noon at Hoagie Hut.
• A cornhole tournament will be held Saturday at Cutting Lanes. Registration begins at 4 p.m. There will be two people per team and sign up cost is $40, 75 percent of which will go toward prize money. For more information, call Dan Bemis at 881-3889.
• Members of the Corry Area Arts Council will present Dennis Ford from Ashtabula, Ohio, on Saturday, March 28, at St. Elizabeth Parish Center. A social hour will begin at 6 p.m., dinner will be held at 6:30 p.m. and the show will start at 7:30 p.m. Cost for dinner and show for patrons is $11. Cost for nonpatrons is $21. Reservations are to be made by Saturday, March 21, by calling 664-3626. Ford will perform songs from the 50s and 60s that were made famous by such artists as Louis Armstrong, Tony Bennett, Nat “King” Cole, Perry Como, Bobby Darin, Sammy Davis Junior, Englebert Humperdinck, Elton John, Tom Jones, Dean Martin, Al Martino, Johnny Mathis, Elvis Presley, and Frank Sinatra.
• The April Community Calendar will be published in the March 28 edition of The Corry Journal. Deadline for submissions is Thursday, March 26. Items may be mailed to The Corry Journal, 28 W. South St., Corry, PA 16407, or faxed to 664-2288 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.