Run for Rick
• A 5K run/walk called Run for Rick will take place in Spartansburg on Oct. 30. Registration begins at 9 a.m. and the race will start at 10 a.m. For more information, call or text Kyle at 814-882-8261.
• There will be a comedy night at the Corry Elks Club, 129 N. Center St., on Nov. 13. Tickets are $15 per person or $25 per couple. Tickets are available at The Corry Journal and Corry Elks Club.
Corry school board
• Members of the Corry Area School Board will meet for their regularly scheduled meeting on Monday, Oct. 11, in the cafeteria of Corry Area Middle-High School, 540 E. Pleasant St., at 7 p.m. A committee of the whole meeting will take place at 6:30 p.m. Board meetings are open to the public. Masks and social distancing are required.
Food pantry distribution
• The Corry Area Food Pantry will hold its October distribution on Friday, Oct. 15, from 9 to 11 a.m. Everyone is asked not to line up before 8:30 a.m. and to make sure they have space available in their vehicles for boxes.
• The Spring Creek Sportsman's Club is hosting a pancake breakfast on Sunday, Oct. 17, from 7:30 to 11 a.m. For a donation, attendees can enjoy pancakes, eggs, sausage, juice and coffee. Proceeds benefit programs sponsored by the Spring Creek Sportsman Club's Hunter Trapper Education. The club is located on Turner Hill Road in Spring Creek.