• A spaghetti dinner will be held on Friday, May 2, from 4 to 6:30 p.m. at the Elgin-Beaverdam Volunteer Fire Department. Proceeds will help cover funeral expenses for Yvonne Babcock.
Spring rummage and bake sale
• A spring and rummage bake sale will be held on Friday, May 2, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Saturday, May 3, from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday will be $1 per bag day. Proceeds will help serve local needs as well as national and worldwide mission projects. The event is sponsored by the Presbyterian Women of Corry.
Sit and Be Fit classes on hold
• Sit and Be Fit exercise classes at the First Presbyterian Church will not be held on Monday, April 28, or Thursday, May 1, because of a spring rummage sale that is being held at the church.
Taste of Findley Lake
• Taste of Findley Lake, a food and wine pairing, will take place on Saturday, May 10, from 1 to 4 p.m. in the town of Findley Lake. Cost of admission is $10 per person. Tickets may be purchased in an advance at the Findley Lake Market, located on Main Street. Tickets may also be purchased online at www.visitfindleylake.com. To obtain more information, call 716-769-7852.
• The Clymer-French Creek Free Library will hold story hour for 3- to 7-year-olds every Wednesday in May from 4 to 5 p.m. This will include stories, activities and crafts. Children must be registered before May 2 by contacting the library at 716-355-8823 or by emailing email@example.com.
Ham and leek dinner
• A ham and leek dinner will be served on Saturday, May 10, from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Spring Creek Fire Hall. All proceeds benefit the West Spring Creek Congregational Church.
• Elgin-Beaverdam Hose Company will hold a chicken barbecue on Sunday, May 4, from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the firehall.
Spring craft bazaar
• A spring craft bazaar will be held on Saturday, May 3, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Findley Lake Fire Hall and Water Wheeler Building. The event is being sponsored by the Alexander Findley Library.