• A chicken barbecue will be held on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. (or until the meals are gone) at the Evangelical United Methodist Church, across from the YMCA of Corry. Cost is $10 and takeout will be available. Proceeds will help fund short-term mission trips.
• Anyone wishing to send get well wishes to Faith Sanders who now resides at Manchester Commons may do so to the following address: Faith Sanders, Manchester Commons, 6351 West Lake Road, Room 143, Erie, PA 16505.
• The Corry Area Garden Club will hold its annual plant sale from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday in the Route 6 plaza during the flea market.
• Baby Boogie will be held Monday from 11:15 to 11:40 a.m. at the Corry Public Library for children ages 6 months and older. There will be music and dance time.
• The Corry Area Food Pantry will hold its May distribution on Friday from 9 to 11:30 a.m. Participants are asked not to line up before 8:30 a.m. and to have space available in vehicles for boxes.
Concert, art show
• Members of the Corry Area Arts Council Auxiliary are inviting the community to attend an annual Concert and Art Show featuring multi-talented artists. This program is scheduled for Saturday, May 21, at 7 p.m. at the First Presbyterian Church, 607 W. Smith St. The event enables the auxiliary to award scholarships to deserving "Outstanding Students in the Arts." This year’s artists are Dee Smith, woodturning; Cathryn Stranahan, mixed media artist and members of Ladies Choice, a new music ensemble directed by Dody Kerstetter. Tickets to the Concert and Art Show are $5 for adults and $2 for students. Tickets are available at Bloomers Flower and Gift Shop, Corry Public Library, Gigi's Route 6 Diner and at the door.
• Members of the Corry Historical Society meet Monday, May 23, at 7 p.m. at the museum.
Zonta meat raffle tickets
• The Zonta Club of the Corry Area is hosting a meat raffle fundraiser. Zonta members are selling tickets for $400 worth of meat from Neckers Company General Store in Clymer, N.Y. The drawing will be held May 24. The winner does not have to take the entire $400 worth of meat at one time. Tickets are $5 each. Tickets may be purchased from any Zonta member or by calling 663-0292. Tickets are also available at the office of The Corry Journal, 28 W. South St.
• The June Community Calendar will be published in the Saturday, May 28, edition of The Corry Journal. Deadline for submissions is one day earlier this month, on Wednesday, May 25. Items may be dropped off at The Corry Journal, 28 W. South St., Corry, PA 16407, or faxed 664-2288 or emailed to email@example.com.