Nightingale Awards of Pennsylvania, a nonprofit foundation created to recognize and retain nurses
in Pennsylvania, has announced the availability of scholarship funds for individuals pursuing an education in nursing.
The scholarships will be awarded in the spring of 2013 and are available to be used for tuition, book and/or educational fees for that same term.
To qualify, an applicant must:
• be a resident of Pennsylvania.
• be admitted to a nursing school in Pennsylvania that prepares students to become a licensed practical nurse, registered nurse or working toward an advanced degree in nursing to practice in a new, advanced role in nursing.
• have a current minimum grade point average of a B, according to the school’s standards.
• have completed or be currently enrolled in at least one course designated as nursing.
• have not previously received Nightingale Awards of Pennsylvania Scholarship.
Scholarship recipients will be selected based on their academic achievement, leadership potential as evidenced by special honors and/or special recognition, community service, and personal commitment to the profession of nursing.
The deadline for applying for the scholarship is Jan. 31, 2013.
For more information, or to download an application, view the NAP Web site at www.nightingaleawards. org.