Concord meeting change
• The Concord Township board of supervisors meeting scheduled for Tuesday, March 2, is being moved to Wednesday, March 3, at 9:30 a.m.
CASD building committee
• The Corry Area School District will hold a building committee on Monday, March 1, at 1 p.m. in the LGI room of the district administration office. Board and board committee meetings are open to the public. Masks and social distancing are required.
Citizen of the Year
• The Union City Lions Club is accepting nominations for the 2020 Citizen of the Year. Letters of recommendation can be mailed to the Union City Lions Club, P.O. Box 289, Union City, PA 16438. Nominations will be accepted until March 8. The dinner honoring the award recipient will tentatively be held on March 24 at the Union City American Legion.
• The Corry Community Foundation is now accepting applications for standard and mini-grants. The deadline for applications is March 1. A link to the grant applications can be found on CCF's website at www.corrycommunityfoundation.org. Anyone with questions can call 664-3884 ext. 3.
Return of conservative investing
• Market volatility. Low interest rates. Retirement risks. All of these headwinds are making it tougher than ever to know where to invest your retirement savings. In this virtual seminar offered by CUNA Mutual Group, you will learn how conservative investments like certificates of deposit (CDs) and annuities can help get your financial plan back on track. Discover the benefits of conservative investments, different types of CDs and annuities and which investment strategy is right for you. This free virtual webinar isoffered by CUNA Mutual Group in conjunction with the Corry Higher Education Council on Wednesday from 6 to 7 p.m. Visit https://corryhied.coursestorm.com/course/the-return-of-conservative-investing to obtain the registration link for the course.