Lighting contest extended
• Deadline to sign up for the Corry Area Chamber of Commerce’s lighting contest has been extended to Wednesday, Dec. 21. Forms to register are available in the information rack in the lobby of the Hi-Ed Building, 221 N. Center St.
Mini-grant applications due
• The Corry Community Foundation's next mini grant application deadline is Jan. 3. For more information, call 664-3884 or visit www.corrycommunityfoundation.org.
• The Corry Area Food Pantry will hold its December food distribution on Friday from 9 to 11:30 a.m. Participants are being asked not to line up before 8:30 a.m. and to have space available in their vehicles for boxes.
Teen Reading Lounge
• A Teen Reading Lounge will be held Thursday from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at the Corry Public Library. There will be games, prizes and snacks for those ages 12 to 18. This month's theme is Christmas. Pre-registration is encouraged.
• A Book Club meets Thursday from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Corry Public Library. This month's book is "Skipping Christmas" by John Grisham. Cookies will be sponsored by Corry Manor. All ages are welcome to attend.
Sit and Be Fit
• Sit and Be Fit, a chair exercise program, will be held Thursday at 10 a.m. at the First Presbyterian Church, 607 W. Smith St., Corry. This class is free and open to the public.
• A Christmas dinner will be held by the Salvation Army of Corry on Thursday, Dec. 22, from 1 to 5 p.m. A gift auction will also be held.
• The January Community Calendar will be published in the Saturday, Dec. 31, edition of The Corry Journal. Deadline for submissions is Thursday, Dec. 29. Items may be dropped off or mailed to The Corry Journal, 28 W. South St., Corry, PA 16407, or faxed to 664-2288 or emailed to email@example.com.