Thursday in the Park
• Windy River Band will perform from 7 to 8:45 p.m. Thursday in the gazebo at Corry City Park. This is the seventh of 14 concerts in the Thursday in the Park summer concert series. Performing both classic and recent country and rock, they have been entertaining audiences for over a decade. If you like to dance, you will love this group consisting of Tom Shoup on lead guitar and vocals, David Winger on lead vocals and guitar, Lil' Dave Winger on drums and Laurie Winger on bass. In the event of rain, the concert will be moved to the First Presbyterian Church, located at 607 W. Smith St.
Sit and Be Fit
• Sit And Be Fit, a chair exercise class, will be held during the summer months at 10 a.m. Mondays and Thursdays at the First Presbyterian Church in Corry. Classes are free. Guest speaker for Thursday’s class will be Dr. Scott Blaney.
• A “Get to Know Your IPAD” workshop for new users and those looking to get more functionality from their iPAD is being offered by the Corry Higher Education Council on Tuesday, July 15, from 9 a.m. to noon. Participants will bring their iPADs to this hands-on workshop with instructor Connie Sitterley. Registration and payment for the $25 workshop are required by noon Friday, July 11. For information call the Hi-Ed at 664-9405.
Youth Development workshop
• A “Positive Youth Development” workshop for adults, from Penn State-Behrend, is being offered for free at the Corry Higher Education Council on Wednesday, July 23, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., with a free lunch also provided. Designed for anyone who works with or is interested in the topic of youth development, such as teachers, coaches, Scout leaders, etc., the workshop addresses eight areas of human development and 40 “development assets.” Registration is required by Friday, July 18, by calling 814-898-6297, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• A “Get to Know Your Kindle” workshop for new users and those looking to get more functionality from their Kindle is being offered by the Corry Higher Education Council on Tuesday, July 22, from 9 a.m. to noon. Participants will bring their Kindles to this hands-on workshop with instructor Connie Sitterley. Registration and payment for the $25 workshop are required by noon Friday, July 18. For information call the Hi-Ed at 664-9405.
• The August Community Calendar will be published in the Saturday, July 26, edition of The Corry Journal. Deadline for submissions is Thursday, July 24. Items may be dropped off or mailed to The Corry Journal, 28 W. South St., Corry, PA 16407, or faxed to 664-2288 or emailed to email@example.com.