Moose kids party
• Members of the Corry Moose Lodge will hold a kids Christmas party on Sunday, Dec. 18, from 2 to 4 p.m. Signups are due by Saturday, Dec. 10.
• A Christmas dinner will be held by the Salvation Army of Corry on Thursday, Dec. 22, from 1 to 5 p.m. A gift auction will also be held.
• Clymer-French Creek Free Library will hold a movie night on Friday, Dec. 16, from 3:30 to 5 p.m. All are welcome to attend. Popcorn and refreshments will be provided. For more information, contact the library at 716-355-8823.
Historical society meeting
• Members of the Corry Area Historical Society will hold its annual meeting on Saturday at 10 a.m. Also, an election of three executive board members will be held. All members should plan to attend the meeting.
• Color Relaxology will be held from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday at the Corry Public Library. Coloring sheets and colored pencils will be provided. Open to all ages.
Jingle Bell Jog
• The second annual Jingle Bell Jog will be held on Sunday, Dec. 11, at the Union City Area School District grounds. Registration begins at 4 p.m. and the race begins at 5:30 p.m. Community members are invited to run or walk this event, which is appropriate for the whole family. All entrants will be given hot chocolate and cookies at the finish. Kids will also receive jingle bells and glow in the dark necklaces. Cost is $10 for individuals or $30 for a team or family of five. Registration can be done at the event or go online to bigwhitetrailer.com. For more information, call Jeannette Boyd at 397-8014. All proceeds will benefit the Union City Prom to Dawn.
• The last in the fall series of “primitive painting” classes is being offered by the Corry Higher Education Council and instructor Debbie Bird on Tuesday, Dec. 13. Primitive painting involves painting on rough-cut lumber, with each finished product a work of art to treasure, or give as a gift. “Santa” is the character to be painted, with a daytime session from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and an evening session from 6 to 9 p.m. The cost for either session is $45, which includes all materials. The registration and payment deadline for either session is noon Thursday, Dec. 8. Call the Hi-Ed at 664-9405.
Wine and paint
• The final “Wine & Paint on Canvas” class of the Corry Higher Education Council’s fall semester is being offered by instructor Debbie Bird on Wednesday, Dec. 14 from 6 to 9 p.m. Participants will complete their “Pine & Ornaments” painting in this one session. The wine and all materials are provided in the $49 class. Registration and payment are required by noon Thursday, Dec. 8. Call the Hi-Ed at 664-9405.
• The January Community Calendar will be published in the Saturday, Dec. 31, edition of The Corry Journal. Deadline for submissions is Thursday, Dec. 22. Items may be dropped off or mailed to The Corry Journal, 28 W. South St., Corry, PA 16407, or faxed to 664-2288 or emailed to email@example.com.