Sit & Be Fit
• Sit & Be Fit, a chair exercise group, meets on Mondays and Thursdays at 10 a.m. at the First Presbyterian Church in Corry. All are welcome and the class is free. Classes will be canceled if the Corry Area School District is operating on a two-hour delay or cancels school due to the weather.
• A benefit breakfast buffet will be held on Sunday from 8 to 11 a.m. at the Corry VFW. Proceeds benefit the Corry YMCA Tumbling Tigers.
Soup for the Soul
• A Soup for the Soul event will be held today from 5 to 7 p.m. at the First Presbyterian Church. All are welcome to attend.
• The annual Corry Day event will be held on Saturday, Feb. 6, at the Golden Corral Restaurant, 7702 W. Route 192, mile marker 5, in Kissimmee, Florida. Call 814-964-8669 for more information.
Pancake breakfast fundraiser
• A pancake breakfast fundraiser will be served on Saturday, Feb. 13, from 7 to 11 a.m. at the Sugar Grove United Methodist Church. Cost is a donation and proceeds will benefit Jim and Donna Dyke to aid with Donna’s medical expenses. Breakfast will include pancakes, maple syrup, scrambled eggs, sausage, juice, coffee and homemade fruit pie. For more information, call Ruth Ann DeVore at 814-489-3408 or 814-964-8808.
Sweet Traditions to open
• Sweet Traditions pancake house, 20110 Reed Road, Corry, will open on Saturday, Feb. 27. Hours that day will be 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• A community dinner will be held on Thursday, Feb. 4, from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Corry Salvation Army. Cost is $1 per plate. There will also be a gift auction.
Free GED prep begins
• Free classes to prepare for the GED test, or for adults who already have a high school diploma to brush up in various subjects, are now under way at the Corry Higher Education Council. Classes are held Tuesdays and Thursdays, with morning sessions from 9 a.m. to noon and evening classes from 5 to 8 p.m. For information about joining the GED-prep program or the Adult Basic Education program, call 663-0303.
Youth music scholarships
• Music lesson scholarships are available through the Corry Higher Education Council that would allow youths ages 12 to 17, whose families have a financial need, to access free private music instruction in the areas of piano, violin, Suzuki violin, viola, guitar or voice. Applicants must have at least one year of prior experience with the instrument or with organized singing (school-provided lessons, band or chorus, or church choir), and must live in the Corry Area School District. Applications are available at the Hi-Ed, 221 N. Center St., or online at corryhied.org. Scholarships will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. For information contact the Hi-Ed at 664-9405.
Music lessons available
• Private vocal and instrumental music lessons for all ages are available through the Corry Higher Education Council. Instructors are available in the areas of violin, Suzuki violin, viola, piano and guitar, as well as vocal instruction. For information about the lessons, contact the Hi-Ed at 664-9405.