Sign up now for Fire Flyers Marching Group
• The Fire Flyers Marching Group of Union City, will hold its annual sign-ups from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at the First Baptist Church in Union City on Jan. 8, 15, 22 and 29. Children ages 2 to 18 from Union City, Corry, Waterford, Wattsburg, Spartansburg and any of the other surrounding areas welcome to sign up. There will be weekly practices, beginning Feb. 5. There are many groups for children to choose from including batons, color guard and rifles. There are no sign-up fees or dues. Fundraisers will be held to help offset the cost of uniforms. Batons are $30. Anyone with questions is invited to call Krista (Miller) Rheal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sit and Be Fit
• Sit And Be Fit, a chair exercise class, will be held Thursday at 10 a.m. at the First Presbyterian Church in Corry. Classes are free.
Family Night at the Movies
• Family Night at the Movies will be held Thursday, Jan. 7, beginning at 5:30 p.m. in the media room of Corry Area Primary School. The feature film will be "What's Up, Doc?" featuring Barbara Streisand and Ryan O'Neal. Admission and popcorn are free. Everyone is invited to attend.
WinterFest softball tournament
• A one-pitch, single elimination WinterFest Softball Tournament will be held on Saturday, Feb. 6, at Bracken Field in Mead Park with the first game beginning at 9 a.m. Teams may sign up now and a maximum of eight teams will be accepted. Entry fee is $50, which must accompany a completed team roster. The 10-player teams must have a minimum of three women per team. Players must be at least 16 years old. Each game will be limited to 30 minutes or seven innings, whichever comes first. Last game will be played at 1:30 p.m. To register, or to obtain additional information, call Bob Williams at 665-8291 or email him at email@example.com. WinterFest is being coordinated by Impact Corry. All proceeds from the event will be used for community projects.
• The February Community Calendar will be published in the Saturday, Jan. 30, edition of The Corry Journal. Deadline for submissions is Thursday, Jan. 28. Items may be dropped off or mailed to The Corry Journal, 28 W. South St., Corry, PA 16407 or faxed to 664-2288 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.