Christmas in July
• A Christmas in July - Festival of Lights event will take place on Friday and Saturday from 9 to 11 p.m. at Harecreek Campground, 375 Sciota St., Corry. Donations will be accepted for Shriners. Santa will be present.
• A benefit spaghetti dinner for Dennis Moisher will be held on Tuesday, July 29, from 4 to 8 p.m. at Country Foods Restaurant. Cost is $8 for adults and $5 for children.
Intro to Facebook
• An “Introduction to Facebook for Beginners” workshop is being offered by the Corry Higher Education Council on Tuesday, July 29, from 9 a.m. to noon. The hands-on workshop is designed for new users, or those who have an account but have never really used it. Registration and payment for the $25 workshop are required by noon Friday, July 25. Call the Hi-Ed at 664-9405.
Summer GED prep
• The summer GED test preparation and Adult Basic Education programs have begun at the Corry Higher Education Council, with both daytime and late afternoon-evening classes held twice each week. The classes are for those seeking to prepare for the GED test, and for those who already have a GED or high school diploma who want to improve in certain subject areas for reasons like preparing for college, or for a work or promotion opportunity. The classes are free, and are provided by the Northwest Tri-County Intermediate Unit. For more information on the class schedule, call the GED office at 663-0303.
• Communication is critical to being an effective supervisor, and a two-day workshop on the topic of communication for supervisors is being offered at the Corry Higher Education Council by the Manufacturer & Business Association of Erie on Tuesdays, July 29, and Aug. 5, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. For information or to register, contact the MBA at 814-833-3200.
• The August Community Calendar will be published in the Saturday, July 26, edition of The Corry Journal. Deadline for submissions is Thursday, July 24. Items may be dropped off or mailed to The Corry Journal, 28 W. South St., Corry, PA 16407, or faxed to 664-2288 or emailed to email@example.com.