• The Corry Salvation Army will host a community dinner on Friday, June 3, from 5 to 7 p.m. Cost is $1 per plate. A gift auction will also be held.
• An all-you-can-eat buffet breakfast will be served on Sunday from 8 to 11 a.m. at the VFW in Corry. Proceeds will benefit the Radio Amateurs of Corry.
Summer book sale
• A “Summer Reading Book Sale” is going on at the Classy Thrifter thrift store in downtown Corry on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Shoppers will be able to fill a bag with books of their choice, for $3. Available genres include children’s, cook books, old print, classics, instructional books, romance novels, history books, fiction and nonfiction, Christian, inspirational, poems, modern mysteries and more. Proceeds from the Classy Thrifter benefit the Corry Higher Education Council.
Class of 1969 party
• The Corry Area High School class of 1969 will hold a Medicare birthday party on Saturday, June 18, around noon in the lower level of the Library Bar & Grill .
Wayne/Concord tire collection
• The annual Wayne and Concord township tire collection will be held on Saturday, June 4, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Elgin-Beaverdam Hose Co.
Thursday in the Park kick off
• The 25th annual Thursday in the Park summer concert series kicks off for the 2016 season today in the city park gazebo with the Clymer Central School Jazz Ensemble. The free concert will be held from 7 to 8:45 p.m. In the event of rain, the concert will be moved to relevant church, 100 W. South St. For more information and lineup of performances visit www.corryareaartscouncil.com.
Sit and Be Fit
• Sit and Be Fit, a chair exercise program, is held on Mondays and Thursdays at 10 a.m. at the First Presbyterian Church, 607 W. Smith St., Corry. This class is free and open to the public.
• The June Community Calendar will be published in the Saturday, May 28, edition of The Corry Journal. Deadline for submissions is one day earlier this month, on Wednesday, May 25. Items may be dropped off at The Corry Journal, 28 W. South St., Corry, PA 16407, or faxed 664-2288 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.