Women’s Support Group to meet Wednesday
• Women’s Support Group meets on Wednesday, Oct. 9, from 6:30 to 8 p.m. This is an earlier start time compared to usual meetings. The group will be holding a Blue Zones purpose workshop in the public meeting room of Corry Memorial Hospital, an affiliate of LECOM Health. All are welcome to attend.
• A comedy night will be held on Saturday, Nov. 9, at 7 p.m. at the Corry Elks Club. The evening will feature three comedians. Tickets cost is $25 per couple and are available at the Corry Elks Club or The Corry Journal.
• Ellwood National Forge, which oversees Corry Forge, 441 E. Main St., will be holding a hiring event on Saturday, Oct. 19, from 6:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Hi-Ed Building, 221 N. Center St. Those interested must apply online to receive an appointment. Walk-ins will be taken if time permits. Apply for an appointment online at ENFCareer.com.
Veterans Day breakfast
• Past and present U.S. military service personnel are being invited to a special breakfast and presentation in celebration of the upcoming Veterans Day holiday. Eleventh-grade social studies students from Corry Area High School would like to honor veterans and current servicemen and women from 8 to 10 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 8. All participants may bring guests. A free hot breakfast will be served from 8 to 9 a.m. in the middle- high school cafeteria. All honorees will then move across the hall to the auditorium for a special Veterans Day program from 9 to 10 a.m. Veterans Day will nationally be observed on Monday, Nov. 11. Those who are planning to attend are being asked to RSVP by Wednesday, Oct. 23. RSVPs can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the high school office at 665-8297.
Northern Pennsylvania Regional College Info Session
• Northern Pennsylvania Regional College will be holding an Information Session at the Corry Higher Education Council on Tuesday, Oct. 22, at 5:30 p.m. Pre-registration is not required. Join Student Success Specialist Amy Rowe to learn about the post-secondary or dual enrollment opportunities NPRC can provide you right in your community. The session will cover information including cost of classes, degrees offered, application requirements and how to apply. Call 814-230-9010 or visit regionalcollegepa.org for additional information.