Grant application deadline
• The Corry Community Foundation’s next grant deadline request is Friday, March 6, for mini and standard grant requests. Call 664-3884 for more information. A copy of the application is available at www.corrycommunityfoundation.org.
• An all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet will be held on Sunday from 8 to 11 a.m. at the VFW in Corry. Proceeds benefit Bikers Against Child Abuse.
• A spaghetti dinner benefit will be held on Friday from 4:30 to 7 p.m. at the Rometown Church. Cost is $8 for adults and $4 for children. Proceeds benefit Team Austin for the March of Dimes.
Free tax preparation
• Free AARP Tax Preparation services for the elderly will be offered from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Thursday in the Corry Community Center.
Family Night at the Movies
• Family Night at the Movies will be held at 5:30 p.m. Thursday in the media room of Corry Area Primary School. The feature film will be Paramount's "Out of Towners" from 1970 with Jack Lemon and Sandy Dennis. This film is rated G and is 96 minutes in length. Admission and popcorn are free. This event is being sponsored by the Corry Area Arts Council, Corry Elks Club and Corry Area Primary School.
Sit And Be Fit
• Sit And Be Fit, a chair exercise class, will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the First Presbyterian Church in Corry. Classes are free.
Supervisory Skills in Corry
• The first in a series of two-day workshops on a variety of topics related to supervising employees is being offered at the Corry Higher Education Council by the Manufacturer & Business Association of Erie. “Supervisory Skills I” will be held Wednesday and Thursdays, March 25 and 26, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Appropriate for both new and experienced supervisors, topics include the values of praise and recognition, proper discipline techniques, and motivation through effective performance evaluations. Registrations are required by Friday, March 20, by contacting the MBA in Erie at 814-833-3200. The workshop cost is $295 for MBA members and $415 for non-members.
• Capturing photos on a digital camera is one thing … but what is the best way to store and share them? Those issues will be addressed in the Corry Higher Education Council’s “Digital Photos: Storing & Sharing” workshop that has been rescheduled for Tuesday, March 31 from 6 to 9 p.m. The $29 workshop will look at ways to manage photos on the computer and on the Internet, so they can be easily shared. Registration and payment are required by noon Friday, March 27. Call the Hi-Ed at 664-9405.